Introduction - Grameen Sneh Foundation
Grameen Sneh Foundation is a registered non-governmental Organization with Registration No: 66485/2009 & FCRA Registration No: 231661701 . It is an ISO 9001:2015 Certified NGO. It was established with a zealous endeavor of striving endlessly towards the welfare of poor people underprivileged cancer patients, without distinction of caste or religion. Grameen Sneh Foundation,established in the year of 2009, with the mission to provide improved quality of life to every individual through sustained change in their social, physical, economical status with special emphasis on the rural people and most vulnerable section of the society like women, children and elder people.
Grameen Sneh Foundation is working towards the Cancer Awareness Programmes, which include:
• Spreading awareness on the dangers inherent in accepted social practices such as chewing of tobacco, early marriage, multiple pregnancies, etc., which are responsible for approximately 70% of cancers in India.
• Imitating steps for the early detection of cancer since treatment at this stage leads to a cure in a majority of cases.
• To provide complete assistance to cancer patients through Health check-up camp –cum- Cancer Detection camp, Health & wellness Festival, Hausla – fight against cancerand SNEH App ( Sneh App is the first App in India to assist the cancer patients & Survivors).
GrameenSneh Foundation has created awareness on Cancer, its causes & preventive measures. Displaying slides and videos, GrameenSneh Foundation rolled out statistics to prove the alarming increase in cancer cases in recent years. Demonstrative videos to explain how to carry out self-examination (for Breast cancer) were shown and advise the people on the measures to be taken to protect themselves from the dreadful disease. The programmewas well received by all and was very useful.
Grameen Sneh Foundation’s Cancer Awareness programme is designed to develop a culture of health at our society, create awareness, and ultimately reduce the participants’ risk of cancer through early detection and intervention. We use participant demographics, claims history, and proprietary data-management tools to assess the specific needs of the health plan population and develop a Cancer Awareness program that fits our society.
Checking for cancer (or for conditions that may lead to cancer) in people who have no symptoms is called screening. Screening can help doctors find and treat some types of cancer early. Generally, cancer treatment is more effective when the disease is found early.
Grameen Sneh Foundation’s Cancer Awareness team identifies those participants who have not completed their target activity. Target activities consist of preventative cancer screenings, as appropriate for specific age and gender populations based on national guidelines. When we identify that a participant has not had their target activity, our Cancer Awareness team contacts the participant by phone to encourage their completion of the target activity. GrameenSneh Foundation’s Cancer Awareness team explains the importance and benefits of the target activity. Cancer Awareness information is also mailed to participants
GRAMEEN SNEH FOUNDATION visualizes the world where there is no poverty and every human being lives with dignity, security and sound state of both physical and mental health without discrimination of caste, creed, color or nationality.
GRAMEEN SNEH FOUNDATION improves the quality of life of every individual through sustained change in their social, physical, economic status with special emphasis on the most vulnerable section of the society like women, children and elder people.We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome.
Grameen Sneh Foundation's goal is classified into 3 terms as enumerated below:
• Organizing Health detection camps at rural areas of all 6 states i.e. Bihar, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Delhi-NCR region.
• Awareness Campaign in all 6 states i.e. Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Delhi-NCR region.
• Organizing Hausla- Fight against Cancer is an annual cultural shows (fashion, dance, play etc) organized with cancer survivors from all over India intending to emphasize the power of confidence and the courage to survive cancer at all stages.
• Door to door awareness campaign in rural area through household visit, print & electronic media, cancer related mobile app, public announcement and road show etc
• Organizing various conferences on the issue alternative approaches to make our life healthier i.e. Health & Wellness Festival
• Better utilization of Sneh Mobile app on cancer which help in knowing all important aspects of cancer and also fulfill the related other queries.
• Continuous advocating with the all-state Governors, Chief Ministers, Education Ministers and top bureaucrats to adding chapter on Cancer awareness in the syllabus of 8-12 classes. Also to develop 3-4 pages materials for chapter.
• Cancer Detection Services such as State of the art Mobile Vans/ Cancer Detection Camps & Regular Cancer Detection Camps in Bihar, Odisha and Delhi NCR
• Establishing Sneh Health & wellness centre and Hospital (Already started in Ghaziabad, (Delhi/NCR) and Durgapur (West Bengal); and proposed to start in Kishanganj (Bihar), Bhubaneswar (Odisha), Ranchi (Jharkhand).
• Establishing well-equipped cancer awareness, early detection and counseling centre in Bihar, Odisha. Thereafter, it shall be implemented in other states also. The cancer detection centre help us in serve the rural population as well as urban.
• Establishing Pathological and diagnostic centre.
• A systematic route plan develop for the movement of mobile vans to detect the cancer patient in rural areas.
• One time mass level screening of the women who bearing age from 25 to 60 years in rural areas of Bihar will be carried out.
• Establishing state of the art state diagnostic and Cancer curative centre, which help cancer-suffering patients to get all type of qualitative treatments, without any payment (Cashless). It’s may be operative through insurance policy or any other approaches which decided later.
• To convert such work in people’s movement.